[written by Zahid Merchant]
Registration is complete The permits are booked. The GMs have been selected. Are you ready for the draft?
2021 season updates:
1. We will be running 6 teams this year for a more management environment. We hope to expand back to 8 teams next year. Here are your GM pairings for 2021:
GM Omer Chaudhry, AGM Zain Malik
GM Rehan Ahmad, AGM Riyad Ramjaun
GM Taha Iqbal, AGM A R
GM Umair Jabbar, AGM Shoaib Gaya
GM Yousaf Chaudhry, AGM Imran Qureshi
2. The BSL draft will be held virtually on Sunday June 27th at 9pm. Players will be able to follow along online.
3. The trade deadline is set to Tuesday July 6th. No trades are permitted after that.
4. With 6 teams, the bottom 4 teams will have to play a wild card game on August 29th to make the semi-finals. The format of the wild-card will be a 9 inning game but the game is over if the higher seed is winning after 7. Semi-final on September 11 and finals on September 12 will be a normal 9 inning game.
5. Each team will have 12 players and a dedicated sub. The dedicated sub will only be able to play if the team has 9 or less players. The dedicated sub can play any position and bat anywhere. Any other sub can only play catcher and bat last.
6. The schedule for the season is as follows (unless something changes). Every week, 2 teams will play a back to back doubleheader from 2 to 5pm on BW1. Followed by the remaining 4 teams from 5 to 8pm.
Exhibition: July 4th
Week 1: July 11th
Week 2: July 18th
Week 3: July 25th
Off week: August 1st (Civic Day)
Week 4: Aug 8th
Week 5: Aug 15th
Week 6: Aug 22nd
Wild card: Aug 29th
Off week: Sept 5th (Labour day)
Semi-finals: Sept 11th
Finals: Sept 12th