The 2021 BSL Charity Tournament will be held on October 1-3 (Fri/Sat/Sun) from Fri 7pm to 10pm, Sat/Sun 9am to 7pm
at Brickyard Park in Mississauga
(3061 Clayhill Road, Mississauga).
Lunch will be provided by https://www.germandonerkebab.com/
Register your team: https://forms.gle/qPZuqa9SvVk636xq5
Direct all inquiries to: email@example.com
All proceeds will go to support Islamic Relief Canada.
Thank you to our tournament sponsors:
- 2021 Tournament Schedule: TBA
- Tournament Format:
- All teams will play 3 round robin games within their division on Friday/Saturday.
- Top teams from the division go to Championship bracket on Sunday and bottom teams go to Consolation bracket. (Subject to number of teams registered)
- On Sunday, teams will play each other in a double knockout format in their bracket. 2 losses and you go home. (Subject to number of teams registered)
- The finals will be a 7 inning game but if the team that hasn't lost on Sunday loses the 7 inning game, the game will continue till 9 complete innings for a final score. The game will not go to 9 innings if the undefeted team wins the 7 innings. (Subject to number of teams registered)
- EVERY TEAM MUST BAT A OF MINIMUM 10 PLAYERS and a maximum of 14 players (less than 10 is automatic out at bottom of order)
- Rosters must be submitted by Thursday night with a maximum of 14 players on the eligible roster
- Teams are limited to 2 non-Muslims per team.
- Every non-BSL player must sign a waiver before they are able to play
- Substitutes are allowed during the game. Once a player is substituted out, he can no longer return to the game. The substitute player will bat in the order of the player he is replacing
- Tie breaker will be Head-Head then Run Differential then Runs scored
- Home team will be determined by a coin toss except in playoffs.
- Higher seed will always be home team in playoffs.
- All games will be a maximum of 70 minutes and no new inning can begin with less than 10 minutes remaining
- Games will be a total of 7 innings (or as long as time permits)
- All at-bats will begin with a 1-1 count; foul with two strikes will be a strikeout
- 5 run mercy per inning except for last inning
- 15 run differential after the 5th inning will be a mercy end to the game (unless both teams agree to play)
- Maximum 15 run differential will be used regardless of the final score of the game
- 4 courtesy runners per game with only the last player called out being allowed to be the pinch runner (except if a player is injured during the game)
- Maximum 3 homerun differential (over the fence); any further homeruns are considered an out
- All bats must have USSSA or ASA stamp to be permitted for play. Any violation will result in withdrawal from the tournament
- Both teams are responsible for verifying the score with the umpire after every half inning
- Any rule not mentioned will follow standard BSL rules
Code of Conduct:
- All players are expected to abide by the brotherhood code of conduct. Absolutely no swearing, taunting or trash-talking of an opponent will be tolerated. Anyone violating the code of conduct will be removed from the tournament and will be considered an out for every time he misses an at-bat during a game.